The Ultimate Student Teaching Guide
- Kisha N. Daniels - North Carolina Central University, USA
- Gerrelyn C. Patterson - North Carolina Central University, USA
- Yolanda L. Dunston - North Carolina Central University, USA
Teacher Resources | Teaching Methods & Learning Styles
- Practical strategies that help students prepare for the most pivotal experience in their teacher education or licensure program – the student teaching internship
- Built-in chapter resources include; Read About It! lists of additional resources on methods, strategies, or research; Think About It! strategies that include reflection opportunities and methods to communicate successes, problems, and challenges; Try It! activities that ask readers to illustrate methodology or theories; and Bulletin Board chapter summaries
- Practical “how-to” information in the concluding chapter prepares readers for “next steps,” including developing portfolios and resumes, studying for specialty area exams, applying for licensure, and applying for jobs.
"(This book) addresses many of the issues involved in student teaching that other texts do not and is written by people who have first-hand experience with student teachers."
Excellent book! Non-intimidating textbook for student internship, with background of educational theory and methods, and hints for making classroom teaching work. In addition, this book's authors all teach in North Carolina, and my students are interning in North Carolina schools.
After going perusing the book, I solicited feedback from a current intern. Her feedback along with my own interest helped me to decide to use this book next fall with my interns.