The Tao of Research
A Path to Validity
- Dana K. Keller - Halcyon Research, Inc.
- Mary Lou Casadevall-Keller - Halcyon Research, Inc.
Research Methods (General)
- Examines the propositional, ethical, structural, functional, and technical restrictions researchers face
- Focuses on understanding how these restrictions influence research methods and results
- Makes concepts more accessible through discussions that follow the experiences of three "guides"—a high school principal, a statewide director of public health, and a sociology professor at a small liberal arts college.
The Tao of Research: A Path to Validity serves as either a main or supplemental text for courses such as Introduction to Research Methods, Social Research Methods, and Applied Research Methods.
This small book simplifies what research is all about. I found that once I began to read this I could not put it down. Very well written.
not detailed enough in the mechanics of research design, methodology and statistics.
Interesting but a little to lite.
a book that really makes you think! well constructed, engages the reader in thinking about not only research validity, but on a wider ethical plane. An enjoyable read as it stimulates much thought. great for critical analysis and discussion with students
Integrates research and theory which is critical for doctoral studies.
Sample Materials & Chapters
Chapter 1 - ?The Proposition’s Restrictions