The Psychology of Decision Making
People in Organizations
- Lee R. Beach - University of Arizona (Emeritus), University of Arizona, USA
- Terry Connolly - University of Arizona, USA
Human Resource Management | Occupational/Industrial Psychology | Organization Studies (General)
New to the Second Edition are:
- Latest developments in the field building on Prospect Theory
- Current research on behavioural theory
- Innovative suggestions by research scholars on subjects for new theoretical models
Has been very useful in using for a new module for my course. Will include it as a recommended text on course paperwork.
This book is easy to read and follows a logical sequence. It would be useful for any student that is looking at decision making as part of a leadership module
Provided good overview for graduate students without extensive psychology background. Covered the important topics in the field. Would strongly recommend an Instructor's Manual with PPt, chapter outline, possibly a test bank, etc. to increase likelihood of adoption for primary text.
Sample Materials & Chapters
Chapter 5. Subjective Probability and Utility