The On-Your-Feet Guide to Partner Talk
- Shirley Clarke - Shirley Clarke Education LLC
Other Titles in:
April 2019 | 6 pages | Corwin
All On-Your-Feet Guide orders receive FREE SHIPPING! Use code SHIPOYFG at check out.
Most teachers are familiar with the "turn and talk" and "think-pair-share" strategies for partner talk. However, there is a more effective way to do partner talk that results in better behavior, greater focus, higher quality work, and greater confidence in learning. Backed by over 18 years of research, Shirley Clarke shares a tried and true method for engaging students in learning through randomly chosen talk partners.
This On-Your-Feet Guide provides:
Full of helpful resources and ideas for explicit instruction, this guide will make partner talk a successful learning strategy in your classroom!
On-Your-Feet Guides (OYFGs) provide you with the ultimate “cheat sheet” to implement effective change in your classroom while in the moment of teaching. Designed for accessibility, and providing step-by-step guidance, the OYFGs are written by experts who take research-based practices and make them doable for the busy teacher.
Each On-Your-Feet Guide is laminated, 8.5”x11” tri-fold (6 pages), and 3-hole punched.
Use the On-Your-Feet Guides
- When you know the “what” but need help with the “how”
- As a quick reference to support a practice you learned in a PD workshop or book
- To learn how to implement foundational practices
- When you want to help your students learn a specific strategy, routine, or approach, but aren’t sure how to do it yourself