The Handbook of Counselling Psychology
- Barbara Douglas
- Ray Woolfe - Private Practice
- Sheelagh Strawbridge - Independent Practice
- Elaine Kasket
- Victoria Galbraith
This fourth edition provides the most comprehensive guide to the field of counselling psychology, exploring a range of theories and philosophical underpinnings, practice approaches and contexts, and professional issues. It has been updated to reflect current issues and debates and to map onto the training standards, and offers the ultimate companion for your journey through counselling psychology training and into the workplace.
New to the fourth edition:
- Chapters on: Person-Centred Therapy; Mindfulness; Neuroscience; Engaging with and Carrying out Research; Reflective Practice; International Dimensions; and Ecopsychology
- A companion website offering hours of video and audio, including conversations with counselling psychology practitioners and trainees, and articles, exercises and case studies
- Other new features include: Further Reading, ‘Day in the Life of’ dialogues with practitioners; Reflective Exercises, and Discussion Points, and new case studies.
Special attention has been paid to the topic of research, both as a theme throughout the book, and through four new chapters covering the use, carry out and publication of research at different stages of training and practice.
The handbook is the essential textbook for students and practitioners in the field of counselling psychology and allied health professions, at all stages of their career and across a range of settings, both in the UK and internationally.
Excellent, insightful and extremely interesting, a favored text to support training and beyond.
This new Edition is enriched with new and interesting professional and conceptual topics in the field of Counselling Psychology. The multiple authors of this volume and their diverse perspectives indeed celebrate
the pluralistic plilosophy of the discipline.
Sample Materials & Chapters
Chapter 1: Mapping the world of helping - The Place of Counselling Psychology