The CQ Press Career Guide for Public Sector Students
- Michelle C. Pautz - University of Dayton, USA
Public Management | Public Policy & Public Administration
“A useful supplement that can get students reflecting on how they could access employment in a range of public sector jobs as well a practical steps to get there.”
—Rosalie Schofield, Temple University
Turn your degree into a career!
The CQ Press Career Guide for Public Sector Students is a powerful introduction to the job market for undergraduate and graduate students looking to take that important first step into the public sector. With a focus on setting personal goals and maximizing transferable skills, author Michelle C. Pautz guides students through recommended curriculum choices, coaches them with useful tips on how to build up their career skills, advises on supplemental opportunities outside the classroom, and humanizes the options in the public sector through real-life success stories from students. With a conversational tone and multiple content formats used throughout, this guide will help students not only explore career possibilities, but also relate what they are learning in the classroom today to opportunities in the future.
- A chapter on curriculum considerations offers advice on course selections that will point students toward realistic and suitable careers in the world of public affairs.
- Tips for co-curriculum opportunities and experiences help students get involved with learning opportunities outside the classroom such as Model United Nations or Mock Trial, service clubs, internship and co-op experiences, education abroad, and independent research endeavors.
- Public Sector Profiles motivate readers with powerful stories of students who went on to have successful careers in public affairs.
- A career checklist provides students with valuable insights on résumé building, social media strategies, and networking.
Bundle and Save!
Your students only pay $5 for The CQ Press Career Guide for Public Sector Students when you bundle it with the print version of your CQ Press textbook. See more information on the “Packages” tab or contact your SAGE | CQ Press sales rep.
Sample Materials & Chapters
CHAPTER 1: Defining the Public Sector and its Opportunities