Calling all instructors!
It’s easy to log on to SAGE’s password-protected Instructor Teaching Site at http://www.sagepub.com/parnell4e for complete and protected access to all text-specific Instructor Resources for Parnell, Strategic Management, fourth edition. Simply provide your institutional information for verification and within 72 hours you’ll be able to use your login information for any SAGE title!
Password-protected Instructor Resources include the following:
- A Microsoft® Word® test bank, is available containing multiple choice, true/false, and essay questions for each chapter. The test bank provides you with a diverse range of pre-written options as well as the opportunity for editing any question and/or inserting your own personalized questions to effectively assess students’ progress and understanding.
- A Respondus electronic test bank, is available and can be used on PCs. The test bank contains multiple choice, true/false, and essay questions for each chapter and provides you with a diverse range of pre-written options as well as the opportunity for editing any question and/or inserting your own personalized questions to effectively assess students’ progress and understanding. Respondus is also compatible with many popular learning management systems so you can easily get your test questions into your online course.
- Editable, chapter-specific Microsoft® PowerPoint® slides offer you complete flexibility in easily creating a multimedia presentation for your course. Highlight essential content, features, and artwork from the book.
- Sample course syllabi for semester and quarter courses provide suggested models for use when creating the syllabi for your courses.
- Chapter-specific discussion questions help launch classroom interaction by prompting students to engage with the material and by reinforcing important content.
- EXCLUSIVE! Access to certain full-text SAGE journal articles that have been carefully selected for each chapter. Each article supports and expands on the concepts presented in the chapter. This feature also provides questions to focus and guide student interpretation. Combine cutting-edge academic journal scholarship with the topics in your course for a robust classroom experience.
- And More!
Use the Student Study Site to get the most out of your course!
Our Student Study Site at www.sagepub.com/parnell4e is completely open-access and offers a wide range of additional features, including something no other publisher offers:
- Interactive web quizzes allow for independent assessment of progress made in learning course material.
- Complete answers to all in-text chapter quizzes to help further understanding.
- EXCLUSIVE! Access to certain full-text SAGE journal articles have been carefully selected for each chapter. Each article supports and expands on the concepts presented in the chapter. This feature also provides questions to focus and guide your interpretation.
- And More!
Although the fourth edition features the same strategic management model presented in the third edition, a number of changes have been made. The integration of new concepts and the enhancement of existing ones can be seen throughout the chapters, including a large number of global strategy references and a chapter devoted entirely to a perspective on the organization based on ethics and social responsibility. Specifically, key changes to the fourth edition include:
• The coverage of ethics and social responsibility has been expanded and integrated with other topics related to organizational direction in chapter 5.
• Coverage of the external environment has been expanded into two chapters. Chapter 3 explores political, legal, and economic forces while Chapter 4 discusses social and technological forces.
• A large number of recent examples have been added. Many of these address the effects of social, technological and other external forces on firm performance. Others highlight the success and failure of specific firms.
• A new section on Emerging Trends in Chapter 12 integrates key topics in the text along the themes of global competitiveness, the Internet, sustainability, strategic complexity, and crisis management.
• This edition features 11 new traditional cases. Real-time cases have been updated as well.
• References have been completely updated and a large number of new global references have been added to this edition.
• The online student research page has been updated and expanded to provide practical assistance for students conducting case research.