Statistics and Data Analysis for Social Science
- Eric J. Krieg - Buffalo State College
Sociological Research Methods
Apply statistics to your everyday life.
Statistics and Data Analysis for Social Science helps students to build a strong foundational understanding of statistics by providing clarity around when and why statistics useful. Rather than focusing on the “how to” of statistics, author Eric J. Krieg simplifies the complexity of statistical calculations by introducing only what is necessary to understanding each concept. Every chapter is written around and applied to a different social problem or issues—enabling students to broaden their imagination about the statistical “tools” that can be used to make sense of our world and, maybe, to make the world a better place.
In addition to updating all the tables and examples with new data, the Second Edition has replaced the section on SPSS with three new sets of exercises at the end of each chapter:
- Chapter Exercises for students complete during their reading and bring questions to class,
- In-Class Exercises that focus on the areas that students struggled with during their reading, and
- Homework Exercises that can be assigned if students need extra practice with the concepts.
Instructor Teaching Site (Password Protected)
SAGE edge for Instructors, supports your teaching by making it easy to integrate quality content and create a rich learning environment for students.
- Test banks provide a diverse range of pre-written options as well as the opportunity to edit any question and/or insert your own personalized questions to effectively assess students’ progress and understanding.
- The Answer Key provides answers to the Homework Assignments in the text.
- Editable, chapter-specific PowerPoint® slides offer complete flexibility for creating a multimedia presentation for your course.
- Lecture notes summarize key concepts by chapter to help you prepare for lectures and class discussions.
SAGE edge for Students provides a personalized approach to help students accomplish their coursework goals in an easy-to-use learning environment.
- Mobile-friendly eFlashcards strengthen understanding of key terms and concepts.
- Mobile-friendly practice quizzes allow for independent assessment by students of their mastery of course material.
- Chapter summaries with learning objectives reinforce the most important material.
- Interactive exercises and meaningful Web links facilitate student use of Internet resources, further exploration of topics, and responses to critical thinking questions.
- EXCLUSIVE! Access to full-text SAGE journal articles that have been carefully selected to support and expand on the concepts presented in each chapter is included.
Sample Materials & Chapters
Chapter 3: Measures of Central Tendency