Social Network Analysis
- John Scott - Visiting Professor, University of Essex, UK, University of Exeter, UK, The University of Copenhagen, Denmark
Social Network Analysis | Social Research Methods | Sociological Research Methods
New to This Edition:
- A chapter on data collection, covering a crucial phase of the research process
- Fully updated examples reiterate the continued importance of social network analysis in an increasingly interconnected world
- Detailed ‘Further Reading’ sections help you explore the wider literature
- Practical exercises including real-world examples of social networks enable you to apply your learning
'One of my go-to books for Social Network Analysis.'
"Clear, authoritative and accessible; everything you could possibly want and more from a social network handbook."
Good read and introductory information for the beginning scholar
This is a great text that covers the many facets of social network analysis, including data collection and the statistical approaches to social change. I'd like to see the author eventually include a discussion of the ethical considerations in social network data collection and analysis as I think many students still have problems understanding the ethics involved in this ever changing technology.
Sample Materials & Chapters
Scott - Social Network Analysis - Chapter 1