Sensation and Perception
- Bennett L. Schwartz - Florida International University, USA
- John H. Krantz - Hanover College
Sensation & Perception
The highly accessible Sensation and Perception presents a current and accurate account of modern sensation and perception from both a cognitive and neurocognitive perspective. To show students the relevance of the material to their everyday lives and future careers, authors Bennett L. Schwartz and John H. Krantz connect concepts to real-world applications, such as driving cars, playing sports, and evaluating risk in the military. Interactive Sensation Laboratory Exercises (ISLE) provide simulations of experiments and neurological processes to engage readers with the phenomena covered in the text and give them a deeper understanding of key concepts. The Second Edition includes a revamped version of the In Depth feature from the previous edition in new Exploration sections that invite readers to learn more about exciting developments in the field. Additionally, new Ponder Further sections prompt students to practice their critical thinking skills with chapter topics.
Available Tools and Resources
- Interactive eBook
Access over 200 Interactive Sensation Laboratory Exercises (ISLE) when you bundle the interactive eBook with the print version. Order using bundle ISBN 978-1-5443-2575-0. Learn more.
- SAGE coursepacks
FREE! Easily import our quality instructor and student resource content into your school’s learning management system (LMS) and save time. Learn more.
- SAGE edge
FREE! SAGE edge online resources for students make learning easier. Learn more.
SAGE edge for students enhances learning and is easy to use.
- Learning objectives reinforce the most important material
- Mobile-friendly eFlashcards strengthen understanding of key terms and concepts
- Multimedia content includes audio and video resources that appeal to diverse learners
- Exclusive access to influential SAGE journal content ties important research and scholarship to chapter concepts to strengthen learning
Say NO to…
- required access codes
- learning a new system
Say YES to…
- using only the content you want and need
- high-quality assessment and multimedia exercises
SAGE coursepacks for instructors makes it easy to import our quality content into your school’s learning management system (LMS)*.
*For use in: Blackboard, Canvas, Brightspace by Desire2Learn (D2L), and Moodle
Don’t use an LMS platform? No problem, you can still access many of the online resources for your text via SAGE edge.
Instructors: The following online resources are included FREE with this text. For a brief demo, contact your sales representative today.
- Pedagogically robust assessment tools foster review, practice, and critical thinking, and offer a more complete way to measure student engagement
- Diagnostic chapter pre-tests and post-tests identify opportunities for improvement, track student progress, and ensure mastery of key learning objectives
- Test banks built on Bloom’s Taxonomy provide a diverse range of test items with ExamView test generation
- Activity and quiz options allow you to choose only the assignments and tests you want
- Instructions show you how to use and integrate the comprehensive assessments and resources provided
- Chapter-specific discussion questions help launch engaging classroom interaction while reinforcing important content
- Multimedia content includes links to video, audio, web, and data that are tied to learning objectives and enhance exploration of key topics
- EXCLUSIVE, influential SAGE journal articles, built into course materials tie important research and scholarship to chapter concepts
- Editable, chapter-specific PowerPoint® slides offer flexibility when creating multimedia lectures so you don’t have to start from scratch and can customize to your exact needs
- Lecture notes summarize key concepts on a chapter-by-chapter basis to help you prepare for lectures and class discussions
- Integrated links to the interactive eBook make it easy for your students to maximize their study time with this mobile-friendly version of the text that offers access to more digital tools and resources
- Access all tables and figures from the textbook in one place
“This is an excellent textbook for an undergraduate class in Sensation and Perception. The book covers all of the important topics in the field, and the authors include a good balance of classic research and recent research. . . . Students will enjoy learning from this book!”
“This book gives students the advantage of having access to a lot of resources and engaging activities that will help them understand the concepts as they read each chapter in the text.”
“The application sections are interesting and allow students to see how what they are learning is relevant to the real world.”
“This text is easy to read, includes examples that are relevant to life, and covers all the essential information for a course in Sensation and Perception.”
“The clarity of writing makes this product very reader-friendly.”
The supplemental resources available for this book are far beyond anything available for the equivalent book I was using. With my courses all being pushed to online because of COVID-19, these additional resources will make all the difference.