Sales Forecasting Management
A Demand Management Approach
- John T. Mentzer - University of Tennessee, Knoxville, USA, Tennessee Department of Mental Health and Mental Retardation
- Mark A. Moon - University of Tennessee-Knoxville, Tennessee, University of Tennessee-Knoxville, USA
New to the Second Edition:
- The author's well-regarded Multicaster software system demo, previously available on cassette, has been updated and is now available for download from the authors' Web site
- New insights on the critical area of qualitative forecasting are presented
- The results of additional surveys done since the publication of the first edition have been added
- The discussion of the four dimensions of forecasting management has been significantly enhanced
- Significant reorganization and updating has been done to strengthen and improve the material for the second edition.
OVERVIEW OF THIS BOOK
"The authors have shared their valuable experiences and knowledge gained over the years while working with companies on sales forecasting. The book comprises of ten chapters in total and provides good coverage. The book well describes the issues, developments and required understanding about sales forecasting practices with illustrations and required possible information through appendixes and notes at the end of chapters where needed."
"The book integrates the theory and practice of sales forecasting management by providing comprehensive coverage of the techniques and applications of sale forecasting analysis. The second edition of the book provides new insights on the critical area of qualitative forecasting. Significant reorganization and updating has been done to strengthen and improve the material for the second edition. It will be very useful for academics as well as business executives who will find much of value and insight from the book."