Providing Support for Children Aged 7 to 13 Who Have Experienced Loss and Bereavement
- Lorna Nelson - Educational Psychologist, Hillingdon
- Tina Rae - Tina Rae Well Being Training and Consultancy, Professional and Academic Tutor, University of East London
Children and Adolescent Counselling | Classroom Activities | Working with Parents
All children experience loss, often a death or a family separation; sometimes a friend moves away or a pet dies. Loss is the inevitable consequence of the positive experience of attachment.
In this beautiful book Tina and Lorna offer teachers a resource that will support their understanding of the process and facilitate a range of activities which:
- acknowledge the experience of loss
- allow the expression of pain, fear, sadness
- present the process as a shared experience
- encourage communication
- facililate recovery.
This range of sensitive, positive and emotionally literate activities can be used in whole class, small group or individual settings and sit well in several primary and secondary PSCHE curriculum areas.