Real Talk About Time Management
35 Best Practices for Educators
- Serena Pariser
- Edward F. DeRoche - University of San Diego, USA
Corwin Teaching Essentials
Classroom Management & Student Behaviour | Teaching Methods & Learning Styles
“This book is exactly what busy teachers need! I found so many tips and strategies to streamline all the busyness of planning, grading, collaborating, interacting with parents, engaging students, and even the layout of the classroom. What a joy to read!”
English Language Arts Teacher, Grades 6 and 7
San Diego Unified School District
San Diego, CA
Gain more productive time in each day! Real talk about managing time, reducing stress, and avoiding teacher burnout.
Do you love teaching but feel overwhelmed by getting it all done? Effective time management skills transform teacher confidence and morale, energize and engage students, and improve the learning climate of a classroom—for both you and your students.
Time management directly relates to classroom management, your personal sanity, and your overall quality of life inside and outside of the classroom. Time management experts Serena Pariser and Edward F. DeRoche are here to help you reduce stress and find more time in your day with short, practical time management strategies that can greatly improve your classroom learning environment and your mental health. Weaving wellness research with classroom-tested tips and tricks on everything from lesson planning to grading to meeting the needs of individual students, Real Talk About Time Management includes
· 35 practical, teacher-proven strategies for saving time and setting personal boundaries
· Stories and vignettes from educators about proactive time management adjustments that worked
· Real anecdotes from new teachers about the challenges of time management
· “Your Turn” questions after every strategy that invite personal reflection and strategic planningStudents deserve teachers who are energized, optimistic, and in control of the daily grind while still having the energy and time to foster meaningful connections. Develop proactive habits for managing time and give your best self to your students.
Sample Materials & Chapters
Sample Content: Real Talk About Time Management
Sample Pages: Real Talk About Time Management