- David Silverman - Visiting Professor at the University of Technology, Sydney and King’s College, London, Emeritus Professor at Goldsmiths’ College, Visiting Professor Emeritus at Leeds University Business School and Adjunct Professor at Queensland University of Technology
Evaluation (General) | Qualitative Research (General) | Research Methods (General)
Written by leaders of qualitative methodology and edited by one of the biggest names in the field, this book provides up-to-date and interdisciplinary insight into a range of qualitative methods. Bringing together different perspectives, contributors discuss theoretical underpinnings of these methods before taking readers through the process of each approach and helping them develop skills needed to carry out this type of research autonomously and with confidence.
Highlights of this new edition include:
- New chapters on multimethod qualitative research, using digital data and video, and addressing social issues in research.
- More guidance on how to store and manage data appropriately.
- Advice on how to publish research in journals.
Full of practical tips, exercises and summaries, this book continues to be a masterclass in qualitative research for students and researchers across the social sciences and beyond.
Accessible, informative, extensive topic coverage
An excellent resource
Well thought out chapters. I feel like this is a book version of a research supervisor for qualitative research!
I dont like electronic books and many students do not either. However I do like David Silvermans work and for students who can work with electronic books I think this is a highly recommendable text
Key updates in new edition
1. Chapter on Mixed Methods Research
2. More advice on data management
3. Chapter on digital data and video
4. Guidance on publishing in journals
Sample Materials & Chapters
Chapter 17: Visual Research: Issues and Developments