Principal Peer Evaluation
Promoting Success From Within
School Management | Staff Supervision/Evaluation/Retention
District-level administrators, educational administration instructors, and principals themselves will find an evaluation design that:
- Emphasizes results
- Promotes professional growth and development
- Models expectations for students and teachers
- Meets ISLLC Standards
Gil and her team equate the peer evaluation process with a dance -- "a rhythmic and dynamic event in which everyone can participate at various stages, in tune with external or internal music." The resulting work includes practical advice and great insight into the process, including:
- The historical context for challenging the status quo and moving to a different level of meaningful professional engagement
- A new role for the principal, and the development of student-based decision-making
- Establishing the new format for the evaluation process, including the professional and personal benefits of peer support
- Continuum-based principal performance standards, leadership standards, and growing pains for principals and superintendents
The challenges and opportunities presented by this exciting new model of accountability are explored in-depth, in this definitive work designed for principals, district-level professional development directors, and teachers of educational administration at all levels.
"The framework for peer evaluation is described carefully and includes a rich collection of documents…this book is a treat."