Primary English: Knowledge and Understanding
- Jane Medwell - The University of Nottingham, UK
- David Wray - University of Warwick, UK
- George Moore - University of Warwick, UK
- Vivienne Griffiths - Canterbury Christ Church University, UK
Achieving QTS Series
English | Primary English | Primary Teacher Training
All the subject knowledge students need to teach primary English.
Secure subject knowledge and understanding is the foundation of confident, creative and effective teaching. To help your students master this, this comprehensive text includes subject knowledge from each part of the primary English curriculum and comes with a wide range of resources so students can test their growing knowledge as they progress through the course.
- an online English subject knowledge audit with the ability to share results
- end of chapter self-assessment questions
- Interactive tasks
- an English subject knowledge checklist
- useful weblinks for primary English teaching
- Recommended further reading
This is our core text along with the Teaching Theory and Practice text. They are core texts for L4 students and beyond. They approach the essential knowledge needed for Primary Education students in a well structured manner and support our students in understanding the key principles of teaching English in the primary school as well as highlighting the aspects of SK they need to develop.
This and the partner book are great for providing a clear and thorough overview of the English primary curriculum