Practical Statistics for Nursing Using SPSS
- Herschel Knapp - University of Southern California, USA
Online resources for students are available at study.sagepub.com/statsfornursing and include data sets for examples and exercises, fully developed solutions to all odd-numbered exercises, and thorough tutorial videos providing an overview of each statistical method, step-by-step guidance on SPSS® processing, and interpretation of results. Online resources for instructors include Microsoft® PowerPoint® slides for each chapter and solutions to all exercises.
Password-protected Instructor Resources include the following:
- Editable, chapter-specific Microsoft® PowerPoint® slides that offer complete flexibility in easily creating a multimedia presentation for your course
- Solutions to the all of the exercises in the book
The Student Study Site includes:
- Data sets for use with exercises
- Tutorial videos demonstrating how to use SPSS to work with data
- Solutions to the odd-numbered exercises in the book
I would highly recommend this text to anyone – students or faculty - with questions about statistics or SPSS. The brilliance of this text is its straight forward prose. Herschel Knapp does a fantastic job of articulating what one needs to know about specific statistical tests and how to effectively use SPSS to analyze data. The brilliance of this text is its straight forward prose.
The new textbook by Herschel Knapp, Practical Statistics for Nursing Using SPSS, is a useful text to supplement a basic research textbook for students being introduced to the research process. It provides a clear and concise explanation of commonly used statistical tests and builds skills related to the use of SPSS.
This book is a very simple introduction into statistics. The author provides many very useful examples to help students comprehend difficult analyses. The SPSS examples and visuals are superior, as are the exercise at the end of the chapter.