On-Your-Feet Guide: This Is Shared Reading, Grades K-6
- Douglas Fisher - San Diego State University, USA
- Nancy Frey - San Diego State University, USA
- Diane Lapp - San Diego State University, USA
- Kelly Johnson - San Diego State University, USA
All On-Your-Feet Guide orders receive FREE SHIPPING! Use code SHIPOYFG at check out.
In this easy-to-use but comprehensive guide to Shared Reading, teachers will learn what shared reading is, how to prepare before, during and after shared reading, and how to assess it.
In this On-Your-Feet Guide, teachers will find:
- Lesson outline included with “What the teacher says/does and What the student does displayed side-by-side.
- An If-Then chart that helps teachers troubleshoot common problems.
- Student language frames for narrative and nonfiction text are included.
- Assessment advice and helpful hints
On-Your-Feet Guides (OYFGs) provide you with the ultimate “cheat sheet” to implement effective change in your classroom while in the moment of teaching. Designed for accessibility, and providing step-by-step guidance, the OYFGs are written by experts who take research-based practices and make them doable for the busy teacher.
Each On-Your-Feet Guide is laminated, 8.5”x11” tri-fold (6 pages), and 3-hole punched.
Use the On-Your-Feet Guides
- When you know the “what” but need help with the “how”
- As a quick reference to support a practice you learned in a PD workshop or book
- To learn how to implement foundational practices
- When you want to help your students learn a specific strategy, routine, or approach, but aren’t sure how to do it yourself