Next Steps With SPSS
- Eric L. Einspruch - ELE Consulting, LLC
- Detailed examples provide step-by-step illustrations of each step in a procedure
- End-of-chapter exercises (with solutions provided in the Appendix)
- Boldface text indicates operations or choices that the reader will need to make when running SPSS
- Opening chapter `alerts' give readers a quick synopsis of what they will learn as well as the recommended SPSS skill level
- Chapter glossaries provide readers with a list and definition of command words covered in the chapter
"There can be no doubt that book like this is needed. The idea that the author has to provide information beyond the SPSS tutorials is invaluable. Great conversational style and good examples! I like the idea of inputting data and working through the procedures in real life. The exercises are great practice for learning and sharpening the skills described."
"I am very positive about the topics covered. A quality reference book covering these topics in a clear and concise manner would be of considerable value. Specialized syntax files are of special interest to me, as was the chapter on production facilities. The sequencing of the chapters is logical and begins with the familiar (data files) and proceeds through to more complex issues."
Building on key skills, this allows students to further develop their knowledge of data analysis. Good for students and staff in providing examples, activities and guidance throughout.
While most of the similar books are targeting beginners, it is very useful to have a topic on more advance use of SPSS. The book is unique in this perspective, however, it is unfortunately not being updated since 2004, and therefore its version of SPSS is outdated.
This book is succinctly written and gives clear guidance for students who want to master spss. It is also an excellent text for researchers who use spss for their data analyses.