Motivating Your Secondary Class
- Maurice Galton - University of Cambridge, UK
- Susan Steward - Institute of Education, London, UK
- Linda Hargreaves - University of Cambridge, UK
- Charlotte Page - University of Cambridge, UK
- Anthony Pell - University of Cambridge, UK
Student Engagement & Motivation | Teaching in Secondary Schools | Teaching the Curriculum
Maurice Galton and his team have collected examples from various schools of what works in re-energising demotivated pupils. This book presents practical advice and strategies for improving lower secondary school classrooms, ranging from reducing class size, to innovative induction programmes emphasising the development of core study skills, and developing effective procedures to train pupils to cooperate rather than confront each other during lessons.
- Making a Good Start to Secondary Education.
- Creating a Cooperative Classroom Climate
- Improving Communication between Pupils and Teachers
- Why are some classrooms more successful?
- How can school structures influence positive relationships?
The book is a much-needed resource for all secondary teachers, and is particularly useful for year and subject heads.
An excellent core text for students wishing to work in a secondary setting. Particularly good chapters exploring co operative learning and improving teacher pupil communication.
Interesting book, which highlights some pertinent issues in education right now and also addresses the attainment dip in some pupils.