A Concise Introduction
- Bonita Kolb - Lycoming College
The Second Edition presents a balanced mix of qualitative and quantitative methods, reflecting contemporary trends. This includes a new chapter on Netnography and new and increased coverage of the digital aspects of marketing research and the impact of social media and the online environment.
The book includes exercises and activities within the chapters that can be used in class. Along with a collection of new international case studies, including:
- Europe - Renault (France), Miele (Germany) & Online grocery markets in France and Germany.
- Africa - The Robben Island Museum in Cape Town, South Africa, Vergenoegd Wine Estate in South Africa, text message surveying in Kenya
- Australia - Campos Coffee
- Asia - Uber and social media usage in India; Cinemas and confectionary markets in China; Coffee culture in South Korea
The book is complemented by chapter specific lecturer PowerPoint slides.
Suitable reading for students who are new to marketing research.
PowerPoint slides for each chapter
This text provides a broad, yet thorough, coverage of marketing research techniques with an excellent balance between conventional and contemporary qualitative and quantitative design. It is a valued addition to all marketing research courses.
Extremely good course book on the concepts of market research, with excellent examples that students can use
Sample Materials & Chapters
Chapter 2 - Research as a Process