Law and Professional Issues in Nursing
- Richard Griffith - Swansea University, UK
- Cassam Tengnah
Ethical & Legal issues in Nursing | Nursing
Provides nurses of all levels with a crash course in law, helping them to better understand the legal obligations they face, and leaving them better prepared for safe and effective practice. Written in clear and straightforward language, the book covers issues such as equality and human rights, confidentiality, negligence, disability, children’s rights and mental health. It is also supported by insightful case studies and thought-provoking activities that demonstrate the relevance of law to nursing and how it underpins practice.
New to this edition:
· Fully mapped to the latest NMC standards of proficiency for registered nurses (2018)
· New chapter covering death, dying and organ donation
· Updated to take account of the Deprivation of Liberty Act
· New content covering GDPR, Social Media and Safeguarding of Adults and Children
excellent resources for lecturers and student with in nursing to understand professional issue in nursing
Clear format, easy to navigate, good introductory level
Easy to read and clear with case studies
Like the inclusion of activities and there are a good number of case studies. Will be very helpful for a students self-directed reading before and after taught session.
Excellent. Used for prescribing students. Very relevant to all aspects of Nursing.