This reader is a contemporary collection of cutting edge articles covering issues within the realm of race, ethnicity, gender and class. An excellent reader for undergraduate sociology courses.
1. Affirmative Action: Is It Time to End Racial Preferences?
2. Human Trafficking and Slavery: Are the World's Nations Doing Enough to Stamp It Out?
3. Immigration Debate: Can Politicians Find a Way to Curb Illegal Immigration?
4. Racial Diversity in Public Schools: Has the Supreme Court Dealt a Blow to Integration?
5. Reparations Movement: Should Payments Be Made for Historical Wrongs?
6. American Indians: Are They Making Meaningful Progress at Last?
7. America's Border Fence: Will It Stem the Flow of Illegal Immigrants?
8. China in Africa: Is China Gaining Control of Africa's Resources?
9. Anti-Semitism in Europe: Are Israel's Policies Spurring a New Wave of Hate Crimes?
10. Anti-Americanism: Is Anger at the U.S. Growing?
11. Crisis in Darfur: Is There Any Hope for Peace?
Kenneth Jost and the CQ Researcher Staff
12. The Obama Presidency: Can Barack Obama Deliver the Change He Promises?
Thomas J. Billitteri
13. Middle-Class Squeeze: Is More Government Aid Needed?
14. Women's Rights: Are Violence and Discrimination Against Women Declining?
15. Gay Marriage Showdowns: Will Voters Bar Marriage for Same-Sex Couples?