Investigating the Social World - International Student Edition
The Process and Practice of Research
- Russell K. Schutt - University of Massachusetts Boston, USA
Proud sponsor of the 2019 SAGE Keith Roberts Teaching Innovations Award—enabling graduate students and early career faculty to attend the annual ASA pre-conference teaching and learning workshop.
In the Ninth Edition of his leading social research text, Russell K. Schutt, an award-winning researcher and teacher, continues to make the field come alive with current, compelling examples of high quality research and the latest innovations in research methodology, along with a clear and comprehensive introduction to the logic and techniques of social science research. Through numerous hands-on exercises that promote learning by doing, Investigating the Social World helps students to understand research methods as an integrated whole. Using examples from research on contemporary social issues, the text underscores the value of both qualitative and quantitative methodologies, and the need to make ethical research decisions. Investigating the Social World develops the critical skills necessary to evaluate published research, and to carry out one’s own original research.
A Complete Teaching & Learning Package
SAGE Premium Video
Included in the interactive eBook! SAGE Premium Video tools and resources boost comprehension and bolster analysis.Learn more.
Includes access to multimedia tools and much more! Save when you bundle the interactive eBook with the new edition
Order using bundle ISBN: 978-1-5443-0888-3. Learn more.
FREE! Easily import our quality instructor and student resource content, including resources from ASA’s TRAILS, into your school’s learning management system (LMS) and save time. Learn more.
FREE online resources for students that make learning easier.See how your students benefit.
SPSS Student Software
Package Investigating the Social World with SAGE IBM® SPSS® Statistics v24.0 Student Version and SAVE! – Bundle ISBN: 978-1-5443-3426-4
SAGE COURSEPACKS FOR INSTRUCTORS makes it easy to import our quality content into your school’s learning management system (LMS)*. Intuitive and simple to use, it allows you to
Say NO to…
· required access codes
· learning a new system
Say YES to…
· using only the content you want and need
· high-quality assessment and multimedia exercises
*For use in: Blackboard, Canvas, Brightspace by Desire2Learn (D2L), and Moodle
Don’t use an LMS platform? No problem, you can still access many of the online resources for your text via SAGE edge.
SAGE coursepacks includes:
· Our content delivered directly into your LMS
· Intuitive, simple format that makes it easy to integrate the material into your course with minimal effort
· Assessment tools that foster review, practice, and critical thinking, and offer a more complete way to measure student engagement, including:
o Diagnostic chapter pre tests and post tests that identify opportunities for improvement, track student progress, and ensure mastery of key learning objectives
o Test banks built on Bloom’s Taxonomy that provide a diverse range of test items with ExamView test generation
o Activity and quiz options that allow you to choose only the assignments and tests you want
o Instructions on how to use and integrate the comprehensive assessments and resources provided
· Chapter-specific discussion questions to help launch engaging classroom interaction while reinforcing important content
- Assignable SAGE Premium Video (available via the interactive eBook version, linked through SAGE coursepacks), curated and produced exclusively for this text, brings concepts to life and appeals to diverse learners, featuring
- Corresponding multimedia assessment options that automatically feed to your gradebook
o Comprehensive, downloadable, easy-to-use Media Guide in the Coursepack for every video resource, listing the chapter to which the video content is tied, matching learning objective(s), a helpful description of the video content, and assessment questions
· EXCLUSIVE, influential SAGE journal and reference content, built into course materials and assessment tools, that ties important research and scholarship to chapter concepts to strengthen learning
· Editable, chapter-specific PowerPoint® slides that offer flexibility when creating multimedia lectures so you don’t have to start from scratch but you can customize to your exact needs
· Sample course syllabi with suggested models for structuring your course that give you options to customize your course in a way that is perfect for you
· Lecture notes that summarize key concepts on a chapter-by-chapter basis to help you with preparation for lectures and class discussions
· Integrated links to the interactive eBook that make it easy for your students to maximize their study time with this “anywhere, anytime” mobile-friendly version of the text. It also offers access to more digital tools and resources
· All tables and figures from the textbook
· Links to exceptional teaching resources from ASA’s TRAILS (Teaching Resources and Innovation Library for Sociology) in SAGE coursepacks chosen specifically for this text
SAGE EDGE FOR STUDENTS enhances learning, it’s easy to use, and offers:
· eFlashcards that strengthen understanding of key terms and concepts, and make it easy to maximize student study time, anywhere, anytime
· eQuizzes that allow students to assess how much they’ve learned and where they need to focus your attention
· Exclusive access to influential SAGE journal and reference content that ties important research and scholarship to chapter concepts to strengthen learning