Internet Research Skills
- Niall Ó Dochartaigh - National University of Ireland, Ireland
Internet Research | Sociological Research Methods | Study Skills (General)
The third edition has been updated throughout and now includes:
- coverage of cutting edge online services as well as newly developed approaches to using online materials
- a new chapter on organising your research and internet research methods
- additional material on the use of social networks for research.
- illustrations, examples and short exercises to help you put what you learn into practice.
Internet Research Skills is an invaluable guide for undergraduate students carrying out research projects and for postgraduate students working on theses and dissertations.
I found it a really useful introduction to internet research sklls.
This is an excellent text for any researcher or student. It is an essential text in anyone's library.
Well-rounded and robust. Written by prolific users I suspect. Grounded and relevant at many levels -- from beginners to folk like me who trawl the internet whenever time allows.
A good introduction into an important area.
current overview on Internet Research skills
Was not quite what I was expecting. Interesting but probably not useful for our students.
Excellent book - I am recommending it to my doctoral & masters students
A great book for some of the more mature members of the course.
An absolute gem. I have already told my students about this and recommended they buy it. The library is also ordering copies.
An excellent text which will serve as a very helpful companion for students undertaking web based research associated with literature review work. We plan to recommend this text for students who are using web based reserarch in their dissertation studies.