Practical Insights and International Analysis
- Carlyle Farrell - Ryerson University, Canada
This new textbook introduces students to the essential concepts, theories and perspectives of Global Marketing and these are supported by real-world case studies from North America, Europe and the emerging markets of China, India and Latin America. These emerging markets are given balanced coverage alongside developed markets and the text also includes a dedicated chapter on emerging markets multinationals.
Practical in its orientation, the text equips students with the tools needed to make strategic marketing decisions and find solutions in a global business environment.
Key features include:
- A full-colour text design with photos to help bring the content to life and enhance students' learning
- 'Spotlight on Research’ and ‘Expand Your Knowledge’, introducing students to some of the seminal scholarly research undertaken in the field
- 'Real World Challenges’ offering additional engaging practice-led examples to Case Studies in chapters and providing a scenario for students to analyse and reflect upon via questions
- A companion website (https://study.sagepub.com/farrell) offering a range of instructor and student support materials including PowerPoint slides, a testbank for instructors and quizzes for students
- PowerPoint slides per chapter
- Multiple choice questions
- Short Answer Questions
- Multiple choice questions
- SAGE Pinterest marketing pins
This book stands out for innovations like the "Spotlight on Research" boxes, which highlight the relevance of academic research to practice, its up-to-date examples, and its crisp and to-the-point approach to the broad terrain it covers, which students and practitioners will find appealing and easier to follow than other texts.
Genuinely global in its outlook, feel, focus and examples, augmented with a myriad of all-inclusive ample cases from all over the world, Carlyle Farrell provides lots of variety and plenty of teaching opportunities. This textbook is an enrichment of international marketing literature and an excellent teaching textbook. It is rich, reader friendly, simple and appeals to students with different cultural and academic backgrounds. This book is highly recommended.
Very nice read, relevant information and up-to-date literature and examples.
It can be used across not only global marketing: it can be used for international business.
Relevant with current examples.
I did not like the book in terms of both writing style and contents. If you look at the chapter of Cultural Environment, it touches cultural theories very superficially. In addition, the book does not seem attractive in its presentation and design. Finally, I question the credibility of the author as he does not have high-quality publications in top international marketing journals.
well written, good overview, have already ordered additional books for our library
I loved this book; its biggest strength is the global focus. I've decided to adopt it for 3 master programmes - Tourism and Events, Tourism and Festivals, Events and Festivals (essential on two modules shared across the 3 programmes). And asked the library to add it on the undergraduate TL2016 Marketing for events module as well as further reading.
A comprehensive book that gives insight on Global marketing trends providing recent case studies.
Additional Material, very useful to students. Not core material of my courses, but useful to supplement core material.
Contains a lot of interesting facts that enables students, particularly those interested in this topic, to gain a deeper understanding of the most salient principles.
Sample Materials & Chapters
Ch. 1: Global Marketing Explained