Evaluation Practice for Projects with Young People
A Guide to Creative Research
- Kaz Stuart - Indigo Children’s Services
- Lucy Maynard - Brathay Trust
- Caroline Rouncefield - University of Cumbria, UK
Research Methods & Evaluation (General) | Youth / Community Work (General)
This straightforward and original text sets out best practice for designing, conducting and analysing research on work with young people. A creative and practical guide to evaluation, it provides the tools needed to bridge the gap between theoretical knowledge and applied practice.
Written by an experienced, erudite team of authors this book provides clear, pragmatic advice that can be taken into the classroom and the field.
- Provides strategies for involving young people in research and evaluation
- Showcases creative and participatory methods
- Weaves a real world project through each chapter, highlighting challenges and opportunities at each stage of an evaluation; readers are thus able to compare approaches
- Is accompanied by a website with downloadable worksheets, templates and videos from the authors
This is the ideal text for postgraduate students and practitioners who work with young people in the statutory and voluntary sectors.
Excellent book for student looking for creative ways to research & evaluate
This book will be useful to a minority of students who need this level of in-depth knowledge about evaluation. For others, the level of detail exceeds what they need for the course they are doing and the role they are in at present.
Useful material for those wishing to progress so added to supplemental reading list