Get 12 months FREE access to an interactive eBook when purchasing the paperback*
Author Terri A. Scandura uses an evidence-based approach to introduce students to new models proven to enhance the well-being, motivation, and productivity of people in the work place. The book is built around an organising framework designed to help students understand individual behaviour and learn how to influence and motivate others, build relationships and lead change.
New case studies including on topics such as virtual teams, equal pay and the gender wage gap and the use of apps at work introduce timely and relevant discussions to help foster student engagement are included with the interactive eBook .
The new 2nd edition includes:
- A new Emotions and moods chapter that delves into topics like emotional intelligence, emotional contagion and affective neuroscience
- A new Power and Politics chapter that unpacks the most effective influence strategies and helps students develop their political skills
- A streamlined table of contents now combines perception and decision making in a single chapter and change and stress in a single chapter
- Rigorously updated with the latest research to include expanded coverage of Machiavellian leadership, ethical decision making and organisational design though change
- Best Practice in Research in Action boxes as well as Toolkit Activities and Self-Assessments have been added to make the text even ore hands on and practical.
The book is supported by online resources, including a coursepack for instructors consisting of assessment tools, assignable SAGE Premium video, sample course syllabi and lecture notes. Whilst for students, there is a study site that includes eFlashcards, chapter summaries, video resources and access to SAGE journal content.
Suitable reading for students on Organizational Behavior modules.
*Interactivity only available through Vitalsource eBook included as part of paperback product (ISBN 9781544331294).
Access not guaranteed on second-hand copies (as access code may have previously been redeemed).
SAGE COURSEPACKS FOR INSTRUCTORS makes it easy to import our quality content into your school’s learning management system (LMS)*. Intuitive and simple to use, it allows you to
Say NO to…
· required access codes
· learning a new system
Say YES to…
· using only the content you want and need
· high-quality assessment and multimedia exercises
*For use in: Blackboard, Canvas, Brightspace by Desire2Learn (D2L), and Moodle
Don’t use an LMS platform? No problem, you can still access many of the online resources for your text via SAGE edge.
SAGE coursepacks includes:
· Our content delivered directly into your LMS
· Intuitive, simple format that makes it easy to integrate the material into your course with minimal effort
· Assessment tools that foster review, practice, and critical thinking, and offer a more complete way to measure student engagement, including:
o Diagnostic chapter pre tests and post tests that identify opportunities for improvement, track student progress, and ensure mastery of key learning objectives
o Test banks built on Bloom’s Taxonomy that provide a diverse range of test items with ExamView test generation
o Activity and quiz options that allow you to choose only the assignments and tests you want
o Instructions on how to use and integrate the comprehensive assessments and resources provided
· Chapter-specific discussion questions to help launch engaging classroom interaction while reinforcing important content
- Assignable SAGE Premium Video (available via the interactive eBook version, linked through SAGE coursepacks) that is tied to learning objectives, and curated and produced exclusively for this text to bring concepts to life and appeal to different learning styles, featuring:
- Corresponding multimedia assessment options that automatically feed to your gradebook
o Comprehensive, downloadable, easy-to-use Media Guide in the Coursepack for every video resource, listing the chapter to which the video content is tied, matching learning objective(s), a helpful description of the video content, and assessment questions
- Videos included from sources such AP, Bloomberg, and Wall Street Journal, as well as SAGE Knowledge videos linked to Learning Objectives.
· EXCLUSIVE, influential SAGE journal and reference content, built into course materials and assessment tools, that ties important research and scholarship to chapter concepts to strengthen learning
· Editable, chapter-specific PowerPoint® slides that offer flexibility when creating multimedia lectures so you don’t have to start from scratch but you can customize to your exact needs
· Sample course syllabi with suggested models for structuring your course that give you options to customize your course in a way that is perfect for you
· Lecture notes that summarize key concepts on a chapter-by-chapter basis to help you with preparation for lectures and class discussions
· Integrated links to the interactive eBook that make it easy for your students to maximize their study time with this “anywhere, anytime” mobile-friendly version of the text. It also offers access to more digital tools and resources, including SAGE Premium Video
· Author-selected cases from SAGE Business Cases provided in the Interactive eBook
· All tables and figures from the textbook
SAGE EDGE FOR STUDENTS enhances learning, it’s easy to use, and offers:
· eFlashcards that strengthen understanding of key terms and concepts, and make it easy to maximize student study time, anywhere, anytime
· eQuizzes that allow students to assess how much they’ve learned and where they need to focus your attention
· A customized online action plan that includes tips and feedback on student progress through the course and materials
· Chapter summaries with learning objectives that reinforce the most important material
· Chapter-specific study questions that allow students to engage with the material
· Video resources that bring concepts to life, are tied to learning objectives, and are curated and produced exclusively for this text
· Exclusive access to influential SAGE journal and reference content that ties important research and scholarship to chapter concepts to strengthen learning