Essential Statistics for the Behavioral Sciences
- Gregory J. Privitera - St. Bonaventure University
Education | Research Methods (General) | Research Methods in Psychology
Essentials of Statistics for the Behavioral Sciences is a concise version of Statistics for the Behavioral Sciences by award-winning teacher, author, and advisor Gregory J. Privitera. The Second Edition provides balanced coverage for today’s students, connecting the relevance of core concepts to daily life with new introductory vignettes for every chapter, while speaking to the reader as a researcher when covering statistical theory, computation, and application. Robust pedagogy allows students to continually check their comprehension and hone their skills while working through carefully developed problems and exercises that include current research and seamless integration of IBM® SPSS® Statistics. Readers will welcome Privitera’s thoughtful instruction, conversational voice, and application of statistics to real-world problems.
A Complete Teaching & Learning Package
Contact your rep to help find the perfection combination of tools and resources below to fit your unique course needs.
- SAGE coursepacks
FREE! SAGE coursepacks makes it easy to import our quality instructor and student resource content into your school’s learning management system (LMS). Intuitive and simple to use, SAGE coursepacks allows you to customize course content to meet your students’ needs. Learn more.
- SAGE edge
FREE! SAGE edge offers both instructors and students a robust online environment with an impressive array of teaching and learning resources. Learn more.
- Study Guide With IBM® SPSS® Workbook
Bundle the Second Edition with the accompanying Student Study Guide With IBM® SPSS® Workbook for Essential Statistics for the Behavioral Sciences for only $5 more. Learn more.
- Guide for Users of R, SAS®, and Stata®
Bundle the Second Edition with the accompanying Essentials of Statistical Analysis "In Focus" for only $5 more! Learn more.
This title is available on WebAssign, allowing instructors to produce and manage assignments with their students online using a grade book that allows them to track and monitor students' progress. Students receive unlimited practice using a combination of multiple choice and algorithmic questions, and are allowed unlimited access to this edition of the textbook in the same course at no additional cost. WebAssign provides instant feedback and links directly to the accompanying eBook section where the concept was covered, allowing students to find the correct solution. Learn more.
Perusall is an award-winning eBook platform featuring social annotation tools that allow students and instructors to collaboratively mark up and discuss their SAGE textbook. Backed by research and supported by technological innovations developed at Harvard University, this process of learning through collaborative annotation keeps your students engaged and makes teaching easier and more effective. Learn more.
SAGE coursepacks for instructors makes it easy to import our quality content into your school’s learning management system (LMS)*.
*For use in: Blackboard, Canvas, Brightspace by Desire2Learn (D2L), and Moodle
Don’t use an LMS platform? No problem, you can still access many of the online resources for your text via SAGE edge.
Instructors: The following online resources are included FREE with this text. For a brief demo, contact your sales representative today.
- Assessment tools foster review, practice, and critical thinking, and offer a more complete way to measure student engagement, including:
- Diagnostic chapter pre-tests and post-tests identify opportunities for improvement, track student progress, and ensure mastery of key learning objectives
- Test banks built on Bloom’s Taxonomy provide a diverse range of test items with ExamView test generation
- Activity and quiz options allow you to choose only the assignments and tests you want
- Instructions show you how to use and integrate the comprehensive assessments and resources provided
- Chapter-specific activities and exercises help launch engaging classroom interaction while reinforcing important content
- EXCLUSIVE, influential SAGE journal content, built into course materials and assessment tools, ties important research and scholarship to chapter concepts to strengthen learning
- Editable, chapter-specific PowerPoint® slides offer flexibility when creating multimedia lectures so you don’t have to start from scratch but can customize to your exact needs
- Sample course syllabi with suggested models for structuring your course give you options to customize your course in a way that is perfect for you
- Lecture notes summarize key concepts on a chapter-by-chapter basis to help you prepare for lectures and class discussions
- All tables and figures from the textbook are accessible in one place
SAGE edge for students provides helpful tools in one easy-to-use online environment.
- eFlashcards strengthen understanding of key terms and concepts, and make it easy to maximize student study time
- eQuizzes allow students to assess how much they’ve learned and where they need to focus attention
- Chapter learning objectives reinforce the most important material
- Multimedia resources appeal to diverse learners
- Exclusive access to influential SAGE journal content ties important research and scholarship to chapter concepts to strengthen learning
Sample Materials & Chapters
Chapter 1- Introduction to Statistics