Essential Clinical Skills in Nursing
- Deborah Rowberry - Swansea University, UK
- Lee Gauntlett
- Libor Hurt
Your complete solution for modern clinical skills education
Accompanied by over 25 videos and written by an experienced team of nursing educators and practitioners, this innovative textbook will support your clinical skills training across all years of your degree.
Taking a holistic and inclusive approach, the book presents both the theory, rationale and ‘how to’ of each procedure, as well as crucial interconnected skills such as communication, clinical reasoning and person-centred practice. Written in clear, straightforward language and mapped to the NMC Future Nurse Standards, the book delivers a complete solution for mastering the essential clinical skills you need as a student and registered nurse.
How will the book support my learning?
· Offers access to more than 25 videos alongside the text, demonstrating clinical skills in practice, from oxygen administration to venepuncture, cannulation and more
· Structured around the 2018 NMC standards procedures annexe providing full curriculum coverage
· Draws on over 30 case study scenarios and ‘voices’ from real pre-registration nursing students that bring clinical skills to life
· Includes over 60 activities, key term definitions and other features to hone your understanding through self-testing, reflection and critical thinking
· Relevant to students across all four fields of nursing