Transforming Your School One Conversation at a Time
- Linda M. Gross Cheliotes - Coaching For Results, Inc.
- Marceta F. Reilly - Reilly & Associates
Foreword by Simon T Bailey
Communication Skills | Leadership | School Change, Reform, & Restructuring
Focus the power of your collaborative school community with powerful coaching conversations!
Effective coaching conversations are powerful tools to rally your school-community stakeholders to work collaboratively toward transformation, and, ultimately, share in success. The Second Edition of this best-selling handbook includes new neuroscientific research that demonstrates the potential for change in schools and expands the approach to cover teacher/student interaction. In addition to learning techniques to engage and motivate, readers will discover how to:
· Develop relational trust within the school that heightens personal growth and supports student achievement
· Utilize the power of committed listening, intentional conversations, and nonjudgmental feedback
· Create positive changes in how people think and interact
Being a successful school leader has become an increasingly complex role that demands not only tremendous knowledge and skills, but also highly developed interpersonal skills. Written with an easy-to-use approach, this handbook provides simple yet powerful coaching strategies to help school community members work together toward positive school transformation.
Provides a solid sequential process for learning the coaching skills necessary for leadership activities.