Teaching the Way Students Really Learn
- Eric Jensen - Jensen Learning, Maunaloa, HI
- Liesl McConchie - Liesl McConchie Consulting, San Diego, CA
Learning & the Brain | Student Engagement & Motivation | Teaching Emotional Literacy
Learn how to teach like a pro and have fun, too!
The more you know about the brains of your students, the better you can be at your profession. Brain-based teaching gives you the tools to boost cognitive functioning, decrease discipline issues, increase graduation rates, and foster the joy of learning. This innovative, new edition of the bestselling Brain-Based Learning by Eric Jensen and master teacher and trainer Liesl McConchie provides an up-to-date, evidence-based learning approach that reveals how the brain naturally learns best in school. Based on findings from neuroscience, biology, and psychology, you will find:
- In-depth, relevant insights about the impact of relationships, the senses, movement, and emotions on learning
- Savvy strategies for creating a high-quality learning environment, complete with strategies for self-care
- Teaching tools to motivate struggling students and help them succeed that can be implemented immediately
This rejuvenated classic with its easy-to-use format remains the guide to transforming your classroom into an academic, social, and emotional success story.
This book will open many doors for potential teachers in how students learn. It will also bridge the gape in teaching young adults in how they they learn and think. This is an awesome book for educators.
This is an engaging book that my graduate students appreciate. The current edition provides some fresh perspectives supporting brain-based research.
Excellent text, thankful for this new edition.