When Kids Are Grieving
Addressing Grief and Loss in School
- Donna M. Burns - College of St. Rose
Foreword by Kenneth J. Doka
Leadership & Management | School Counselling
A reader-friendly sourcebook, When Kids Are Grieving examines children's and adolescents' grief experiences at different developmental levels and provides educators and counsellors with:
- A comprehensive overview of the many dimensions of loss
- Strategies and techniques to help students handle the emotions associated with loss
- A format designed to stimulate thought, promote communication, and facilitate effective interventions
- A collection of helpful charts, quotes, activities, and reproducible handouts.
Students who are studying trauma want to know how to work with children ... especially around issues of school violence
Sample Materials & Chapters
Chapter 1: Am I Qualified to Work With Grieving Children?