Teaching Diverse Learners
Principles for Best Practice
- Amy J. Mazur - George Washington University, USA
- Patricia Rice Doran - George Washington University, USA
Inclusive Education | Special Needs Teaching Methods | Teaching Strategies for Diverse Students
- Ready-to-use activities for observation, assessment, and/or planning
- Flow charts, tables, and bulleted lists to make key concepts accessible
- Guiding questions at the beginning of each chapter to provide teachers with concrete ways to begin reflecting on, and implementing, culturally responsive teaching practices for students within their school communities
- A list of key concepts at the beginning and a glossary at the end of the book for easy access to core terms and concepts.
“This book will be a useful text for districts that are trying to understand their ELL populations, and will assist mainstream teachers with their ELL students.”
“This book can reach out in ways not previously attempted text because it reaches across disciplines and classroom settings as a realistic guide to providing better educational opportunities for all students."
Sample Materials & Chapters
Chapter 1: Who Are Our Diverse Learners?