The Student Evaluation Standards
How to Improve Evaluations of Students
- Arlen R. Gullickson - The Evaluation Center, Western Michigan University
Assessment | Standards & Accountability
- American Association of School Administrators
- American Counseling Association
- American Educational Research Association
- American Evaluation Association
- American Psychological Association
- Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development
- Canadian Evaluation Society
- Canadian Society for the Study of Education
- Consortium for Research on Educational Accountability and Teacher Evaluation
- Council of Chief State School Officers
-National Association of Elementary School Principals
- National Association of Secondary School Principals
· National Council on Measurement in Education
- National Education Association
- National Legislative Program Evaluation Society
- National School Boards Association
"Teachers make judgments about students every day, based on such formal and informal appraisals of their work as classroom observation, homework assignments, and teacher-made quizzes. Soon, they'll have the first set of professional standards to help guide them in making such decisions."
" . . . is [a] recommended and seminal reference which competently and accessibly address the issues of Propriety Standards, Utility Standards, Feasibility Standards, and Accuracy Standards."
"This book is rich with illustrative evaluation cases and analyses and is intended to aid all those who conduct or use student evaluations. Appropriate for teachers, parents, school board members, school administrators, and professors of teacher education, this volume is a must-read that will enrich reflective practice of evaluation of student learning at the elementary and secondary levels."