Change Student Achievement Today!
- Rosemarye T. Taylor - University of Central Florida, USA
Leadership | Local Authorities | School Management
There is no single solution to improving learning and closing the gap for disadvantaged children. Rather, improvement is the result of a number of successful practices used together. This valuable resource shows school and district leaders how specific, consistent actions can result in dramatic change and increased student achievement.
From stimulating intellectual growth to making decisions based on data, this book provides leader actions and examples of schools where the gap in learning is closing through exceptional leadership, and includes:
- Numerous examples from real schools, offering descriptions and analysis of actions that increase achievement
- Interviews with successful headteachers that provide a realistic look at the issues involved
- A focus on second-order changes, where small improvements can create dramatic rethinking of the organization, the roles of individuals, and the approach to learning
- Ample forms, sample notes, templates, and other materials to get you started
Based on theory, but grounded in practice, this book shows headteachers the specific actions they need to take to drive high levels of student achievement in their schools.
"Taylor shows how school leadership actions can turn almost any educational challenge into a positive. Her use of current school administrators as examples, the explanatory charts, and the guiding professional analysis make this book a necessary companion to implementing sustained school reform."
"Taylor provides practical strategies that are easily implemented, anchored in research, and applicable to all schools regardless of their demographics. These strategies increase professionalism, collectivity, and student achievement."
"This book helps every practitioner be more focused on specific strategies to improve student learning using data. The author has found leaders around the country whose passion has informed their every action to make all learners successful."
“This book is helpful because it showcases exemplary schools. The author has synthesized the work of many of the best minds in education into a very helpful checklist for all school leaders. Excellent!”
Sample Materials & Chapters