The Third Edition of Arlene Fink’s Evaluation Fundamentals teaches the basic concepts and vocabulary necessary to do program evaluations and review the quality of evaluation research to make informed decisions about methods and outcomes to meet scientific and community needs. Dr. Fink thoroughly examines such issues as how to justify evaluation questions and set standards of effectiveness, design studies, identify best practices, and conduct ethical research. The book contains numerous examples of evaluation methods, as well as evaluation reports. It also includes practice exercises and suggested readings in print and online. Individuals can use the New Edition successfully on their own or in small or large groups.
1. What Is Program Evaluation?
2. Evaluation Questions and Evidence of Merit
3. Evaluation Design: Creating the Structure
5. Choosing Appropriate Data Sources
6. Evaluation Measures
7. Managing Evaluation Data
8. Analyzing Evaluation Data
9. Evaluation Reports
Student Study Site
The open-access Student Study Site includes the following:
- Mobile-friendly eFlashcards reinforce understanding of key terms and concepts that have been outlined in the chapters.
- Web resources are included for further research and insights.