Conducting Health Research
Principles, Process, and Methods
- Frederick J. Kviz - University of Illinois at Chicago, USA
Health Research Methods | Public Health Research Methods | Research Methods (General)
Through real-world examples and step-by-step guidance, Frederick J. Kviz provides students with the skills they need to: identify and evaluate research strengths and limitations as practitioners; to actually perform the various core aspects of research; and to choose among alternative methods when making decisions about health practice, policy, and future research needs.
Password-protected Instructor Resources include the following:
- Editable, chapter-specific PowerPoint® slides that offer flexibility when creating multimedia lectures so you don’t have to start from scratch but you can customize to your exact needs.
- Chapter Outlines summarize key concepts by chapter to help you prepare for lectures and class discussions, and can also be used as in-class handouts for students.
- Full-text SAGE journal articles carefully selected by the author illustrate chapter concepts.
- Sample syllabi provide suggested models for structuring your course using the text.
- Figures & Tables from the book available for download.
“This text provides clear, detailed, student focused, explanations for critical concepts of research, appropriate for both undergraduate and graduate health sciences students.”
“After reading this text, I know that my students will be on the correct path to starting a productive research career or project.”
“Very well written with clear explanations of methods and concepts with excellent tables, figures, and examples to assist in the learning processes.”
“The textbook is well-written, an excellent resource both in the classroom and in for one's career. Definitely hang onto this book.”
“With its succinct style and broad coverage this text provides an excellent platform upon which to build a research curriculum. It frees the instructor to provide in depth coverage of preferred topics by providing the essentials in a readily digestible style.”
The qualitative study design chapters did not have enough content for what I wanted for my students.
Kviz's text is visually appealing; easy to read and comprehend; and makes the research process much more meaningful through practical examples, breakout boxes, and graphic representations.
Sample Materials & Chapters
1: The Nature and Process of Research