In his distinctive accessible and entertaining style, he offers practical suggestions to support teachers as they face the pressures of accountability, assessment and rising concerns about student behaviour.
Topics covered include:
• positive discipline and the importance of consistency;
• particular skills in the language of discipline - verbal and non-verbal;
• techniques for managing bullying, aggression, rudeness and violence;
• methods to use with behaviourally disordered students;
• the 4Rs - rights, rules, responsibilities and routines;
• behavioural consequences including 'time-out';
• behaviour agreements - 'contracts';
• playground management;
• how to set up a behaviour management plan and express it in a policy.
Bill Rogers inspires confidence in a school's capacity to work as a cohesive, co-operative unit, linked with parents and the community, to manage behaviour successfully.