Raising Attainment of Pupils from Culturally-Diverse Backgrounds
- Marie Parker-Jenkins - University of Limerick, Ireland
- Des Hewitt - University of Warwick, UK
- Simon Brownhill - University of Cambridge, UK
- Tania Sanders - Derby City Local Authority
Achievement of Minority Students | At-Risk Students | Teaching Diverse Students
Helping you to ensure that every pupil fulfils their potential, this book draws on the authors' research and practical experience to demonstrate what can be done to raise attainment, especially in pupils from culturally diverse backgrounds.
This book contains tried-and-tested strategies for:
- inducting asylum seekers
- supporting bilingual learners
- working with gypsy and traveller children
- raising the attainment of black boys
- working with parents and the local community
Highly practical, this book contains lesson activities, suggestions for improving your teaching skills, case studies and activities for professional reflection.
All teachers, teaching assistants and teacher trainers, especially those working in culturally diverse classrooms, will want to read this book.